Ady, Bridge Classic Cars’ in-house engine specialist has been working on a complete engine restoration on our 1960 MG A engine.
Here is a brief rundown of Ady’s process:
- Totally strip down the engine
- Unlead the cylinder head to run on modern fuel
- Install new valve guides and valves
- Reface the cylinder head to be fully reconditioned
- Bore engine out and fit cast iron liners, then bore liner out to fit the new piston.
- Cylinder block was refaced
- Crankshaft polished
- Assembly with new bearings, gaskets, fuel pump, oil pump ect…