Richard Kimberley from Manningtree sent us back the cylinder head which has been welded to replace part of the ring that had corroded. He lined up the gasket to determine how much needed to be welded. We will now be lap in the valves before sending it off to Scholar to be refaced.
Tom has made a custom boot lid for our 1971 Triumph Stag so that it’s ready for delivery. He made the wood spare wheel cover and then cut a floor mat to cover the whole spare wheel and fuel tank cover area.
Recovering the rear side panels and rear side window surrounds included cutting out dark blue leather to cover the wood and glueing them to the front of the wood followed by wrapping around the underneath, trimming to shape and glueing down.
Making the new sideboards on the front squab seats for the Jensen included sewing up the corners first to fit over metal bars, stapling them onto the seat around the back, gluing the front of each sideband onto the foam, trimming away the excess leather and then the process is repeated for the other squab.
We visited Jensen Service Limited in Winchester to take a look at this Jensen 541S. This classic Jensen would make the perfect restoration project…who’s in?
We’ve run a pressure test on our DB2/4 and found that the readings are positive. If the readings had been low, we’d worry there was a leak or a hole somewhere however with high readings, we know that the engine is functioning as needed.
We love getting featured on other businesses pages! Thanks to Tyre-Assist for fitting new tyres on our 2000 BMW Z3! Always look forward to working with you.
Lydia has been working to refresh the headliner in our 1940 Alvis. She’s marked out parts on the original fabric to help her know where everything goes when she starts remaking it. She then cut out new strips of fabric to recover the paper cord piping and flaps. Lydia then moved onto topstitching the new side panels.
The next step was to cut around the original cloth to make new patterns, followed by measuring, marking and cutting out the new strips of calico for underneath the centre panel. These sections hold the ceiling cloth in place. She then sewed on the piping and attached the side panels and middle panel together.
Ford have opened their own heritage museum thats full of 100 old fords. Car and Classic did an article on it where theyve described it as “a collection of the exceptional Fords, or the last off the line models; the rare, the desired and the iconic. It is, frankly, marvellous.
Back in 2018, we were personally invited to the Vauxhall Heritage Museum to take a look around thier heritage collection.
You can read more here:
Here’s a look at some of the Ford’s we’ve had in over the years:
Craig popped over to the Statton Motor Company to disconnect the air bags in the seats of his Aston Martin DB9 ready for the seats to be retrimmed but whilst he was there he saw this DB2/4, identical to the one we’ve got in, so he took the chance to take some photos as reference for when we rebuild ours.
Peter Green bought this MG B off us recently, and after its hiatus in storage, it has now arrived safe and sound in sunny Cyprus. We’re delighted to see it has arrived safe and sound and can now be enjoyed. We wish you many happy miles Peter.
Scott has been removing the front suspension, all brake and fuel lines and rear axle on our 1973 Jaguar E-Type Roadster. He’s also started to disassemble the front suspension components ready to be refurbished.
Our latest edition is up for grabs now on our competition website. A 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster is the ideal modern classic convertible, perfect for those sunny days coming up and it drives like dream.
Charlotte once again came down to help us out with the shoot, driving the BMW for our video and sitting for some portraits:
Last night we said farewell to our 1968 Jaguar E-Type Series 1.5 after finishing its service. The final touches included tightening the steering rack, altering the high beams as their connection was poor, and finally, we cleaned it down.
One of the other final touches for this Jag before it left our workshop was to replace the diaphragm, which was making a strange whistling sound. Although this was a brand new element, we refitted it to ensure that the whistling stopped.