Our V8 engine is now back in the car and Ady has successfully run up for the first time to check out for any abnormalities.
Our 1981 Triumph TR7 V8 is currently in the workshops having the engine rebuilt. Unfortunately, due to the wrong piston rings being fitt originally this has resulted in the piston rings breaking.
We are now in nearing completion on the full engine rebuild.
We have cut all valve seats and checked guides. Both heads have been refaced and the engine has been re-bored to take the new pistons. The crank shaft journals have been lapped, the conrods, big ends were capped and re-honed. A new timing chain conversion kit has also been fitted. Both block sides have been refaced. and we have fitted with new bearings. We have also fitted new oil pump gears.
The engine is now ready to be refitted.
With the V8 engine out for a rebuild it was a great opportunity to detail the engine bay of our TR7 to bring it back up to wonderful condition once again.
Unfortunately due to incorrect piston rings being fitted some time ago this has resulted in our 1981 Triumph TR7 V8 require an engine rebuild. The incorrect size piston rings have meant that there has been some movement and vibration within the groves. In order to rectify this matter the engine has now been removed so that new piston rings can be fitted.
During this weekend’s Ipswich to Felixstowe run an unusual noise had appeared whilst driving.
Now in our workshops to be investigated we have diagnosed it to be coming from the crankshaft breather pipe knocking against the exhaust.
Having now re-routed the pipework the noise seems to have gone and the car is now back at home.
We are currently in the process of repainted the front end of our 1981 Triumph TR7 V8 where a couple of stone chips are apparent.
The colour match was a bit of a challenge but we have managed to secure a match using our camera technology and the car is fineshed and ready for collection.
In our workshops today we see the return of our 1981 Triumph TR7 V8 for it’s annual MOT and service.
Whilst in, we are looking to paint the front panel where a couple of stone chips and appeared.
We see the return of our 1981 Triumph Tr7 today. A small stone chip on the bonnet needs address. Unfortunately the entire front panel will need to be re-painted in Persian Aqua to blend in the tones.