The Magnette Register is part of the MG Car Club, a not-for-profit organisation that supports all owners of MG cars. Formed in 1930 by the MG Car Company, the club headquarters are still in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
The Register caters for all ZA, ZB and Farina models, and has been providing historical information and technical advice for over 40 years. We also organise a full calendar of UK events each year, and support Magnette owners around the world.
You’ll be made very welcome at any of the Register events even if you’re not an MGCC member, although we hope you’ll like us enough to join the Club and help it to continue working on behalf of MG enthusiasts! If you’re thinking of buying a Magnette we can give you useful advice about the current market and what to look for.
Updates, web links and more information on events listed here is available on magnette.org We are grateful for support from Peter Martin (MG Specialists) to produce this calendar.
- April 15th – Magnette and Steam at Tenterden Station (TN306HE) Kent & East Sussex Railway. Contact Stephen Tickell (booking not required) but train discount is only available in advance).
- April 13th – Drive-It-Day. Find one of the runs organised by MGCC regions, or just use your Magnetter to join many other classic cars on the road. Promoted by the Federation of Historic Vehicle Clubs to raise awareness of the classic vehicle movement in the UK – fbhvc.co.uk
- May 13th – Stowe House (meet at the house, not NT garden entrance) MK185EH. Contact John Harris.
- June 4th – MGs in the park, Cotswolds Wildllife Park OX184JP, Burford. Free entry for car and driver, no booking required. Oxfordshire MGOC.
- June 17th and 18th – MG Live! MGCC Silverstone event.
- June 24th and 25th – European Magnette Day – Austria.
- July 15th and 16th – Shropshire Weekend. Based in the historic town of Ludlow, incorporating a scenic drive, Saturday dinner and the Register AGM (Sunday morning). Contact Trevor James.
- August 21st – Stockfest – An invitation from the MGA Twincam group to join an ‘Endangered species’ classic display at the Stockcross village festival, near Newbury. Details to follow.
- September 16th and 17th – Kop Hill Climb, near Princes Risborough, Bucks. Reserved Register parking at this re-enactment of classic motorsport, with many static exhibits as well as the hill climb. kophillclim.org.uk. Contact David Halliday.
- September 30th and October 1st – Lou Shorten Tribute Weekend, including Saturday open house in Lenwade (Norwich). More details to follow.