More rot than first thought

From time to time you unfortunately uncover more of an issue than what you first estimate and this is one of those times.

We set out with the intention of replacing the main wooded beam that runs along the bottom of both the A and B post and almost from the front of the car to the rear. After pulled away the body shell which was wrapped around the area in question we have now discovered both the A and B posts areas are in desperate need of attention.

The extra work involved is the removal of the offside front wing, offside rear wing, offside door. We will need to cut the body along the cut lines for access to bottom A and B posts for splicing repair to parts T503 and T502.

We will then need to refit all panels and paint the affected areas blending in to where necessary. The offside floor panel may have to be removed for access.

Share this post
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest